City Council Meeting at 10 am
You can watch live on Ch 35 or on the livestream here.
CALL IN FOR PUBLIC COMMENT:
– Call 1(669) 254-5252
– Meeting ID No. 160 655 3266, followed by #
– Press # again when prompted for Participant ID
– Press *9 to indicate you want to be added to the queue to speak
PUBLIC COMMENT TALKING POINTS:
(You can find the agenda here. If you would like to submit public comment, but you cannot call in or do not want to call in, you may submit written comment here.)
– Ask to speak on Item 48 and to give General Public Comment.
– Item 48: Tell City Council you support the motion by Herb Wesson (CD10) and Marqueece Harris-Dawson (CD8) to invest in alternative, unarmed service providers for non-violence emergency calls.
– General Public Comment: Proposed cuts do not even come close to meeting the demands and priorities of Angelenos. We need much bigger cuts to the LAPD budget, and we need to invest that money into communities and in non-LAPD alternatives to the police.
Help publicize Public Comment on social media. Keep in mind: we want to uplift and amplify those voices that still are not being heard — and many of those voices belong to folx who have had very negative interactions with police in LA. If you’ve made several comments over the course of this campaign, consider making space for others and submit a written comment instead. Please share this message with those in your network.
Join @BLMLA-led #PeoplesBudgetLA coalition Tue @ 10a. Tell City Council you support @mhdcd8 + @HerbJWesson’s motion to replace LAPD w unarmed service providers 4 non-violent emergency calls and that @MayorOfLA’s cuts are 2 little 2 late. #DefundThePoliceTweet
For more tweets and graphics: