City Council Meeting at 10 am
You can watch live on Channel 35 or on the livestream here.
CALL IN FOR PUBLIC COMMENT:
– Call (669) 254-5252
– Meeting ID No. 160-535-8466, followed by #
– Press # again when prompted for Participant ID
– Press *9 to indicate you want to be added to the queue to speak
PUBLIC COMMENT TALKING POINTS:
(You can find the agenda here.)
– Ask to Speak on Item 46 and give General Public Comment
– Item 46: Vote no to bringing back enforcement zones around city homeless shelters. This is an example of what could be defunded. We don’t want police pushing folks around. We want investments in health and wellbeing.
– Gen Public Comment: speak to Buscaino/Price/Rodriguez. When we said defund the police, we did not mean increase funding to community policing. We want less police, not more. City Council and the Mayor are not reimagining public safety when they invest in LAPD with the “Community Safety Partnership”
Join @BLMLA-led #PeoplesBudgetLA coalition Wed @ 10a to tell City Council they can’t appropriate #ReimaginePublicSafety and use it to fund more cops!Tweet
For more tweets and graphics: